October 25, 2012

Sewing is hard. Especially when you spend a boatload of time on choosing/buying/cutting/interfacing/stitching fabric, and then it comes out looking like crap. But I kept at it! My zipper clutch project was frustrating because the ends of the zippers would be all wonky, and ruin the whole thing. THANKS A LOT, WONKY ZIPPER ENDS. 

But then I tried a different tutorial from The Crafty Gemini's youtube channel, and it turned out well. Or at least better. 



Whose bag do you have? Oh, it's an l.piotti original.

For the strap, I stole hardware from an unused Clinique make-up bag (I have tons of them from bonus gifts over the years). Sewing the strap around the D-ring was hard to keep neat because it was so thick, so I used a zigzag stitch for security and then just covered up the mess with a mini piece of fabric. Hot glue really is amazing. 
Sassy.

Here she is on my washing machine (aka pressing station). Hooray houndstooth! 
 


No comments: