February 26, 2012

Greeting Card Display and Lots of Lace

To make a display for my greeting cards, I loosely followed the tutorial on justsomethingimade.com. I took a sturdy cardboard box from work and with the intention of fitting four 4" x 12" drawer organizers in it (yay, Dollar Tree!), and began cutting. Then it looked like this: 
I made "steps" by covering a shoe box in brown paper, and putting brown-paper-wrapped cardboard slats in front and on top of that box. Then I covered the sides with brown paper (a big project since I'm not good with math/geometry/being smart). I put the drawer organizers in place, and filled it with cards and now it looks like this: 
Waa-hoo! Not bad. The seams show, but I'll think of something. 


In other crafty news, I'm working on some wedding cards, here is an exciting preview: 


Finally, I found these great plastic tablecloths at Christmas Tree Shops for $1 (I think, $2 tops). They are clear with a silver lace pattern. So pretty for a throw-away! To see how it would look, I draped it over a plain white paper tablecloth (also from Christmas Tree Shops). Pretty cute. I think for the craft fair, we'll try to use real linen, but if it comes down to this or buying something new, I'm all for this! 
 

Speaking of lace, I found this great lace-look gift wrap at the BRAND NEW DOLLAR TREE THAT JUST OPENED WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE FROM MY PLACE!! 

No comments: