March 08, 2012

Mother's Day Cards

I wanted to create a few more mother's day cards since I only had one. I've been toying with "tattooed mom" as a party theme for my annual mother's day dinner that I host for the ladies in my life. I wanted to turn that into a card. So I printed "mom" on a white card stock banner and cut a heart out of pink card stock to nestle in the banner. Added some glue dots and voila! 
4.25 x 5.5 in, 65lb card stock, "mom" banner and heart hand-cut from card stock and affixed with Zots. Inside reads: "Happy Mother's Day to one badass mom!" 


The next card was inspired by my mom, who, like most moms, always told me to call when I got somewhere. I rarely ever did; not because I was indignant, but because I would genuinely forget. Sorry, mom. Anyway, the sentiment inside the card was written by my good pal Jen Nagel. I kept dancing around the phrase and she articulated it. Concise and sweet, but not too sweet. Jen wins good pwize 
4.25 x 5.5 in, 65lb card stock, printed text and phone image. Inside reads: "I know you worry because you care, and I'm so glad you do. Happy Mother's Day!" 

No comments: